Monday, February 4

Light Bulbs galore

I bought light bulbs today.
I bought 6, 2 energy smart 26 watt bulbs, and 4 soft white 100 watt bulbs.
I did this because I wanted to have the packages so I could make this blog post.

I came up with formula to figure the total cost of light to me. The energy bulb is 18% cheaper at my energy price. But most of that discount is raw bulb cost if I reduce the price of electricity to $.001, the Energy bulb is still 17.7% cheaper.



Here's the formula:

cost per bulb X number of bulbs used in year
+ Watts X Price of Electricy X Hours of usage
-----------------------------------------------------------
Total cost of light for the year

Results may vary based on prices in your area, but feel free to use my spreadsheet to lower your cost of light, these prices don't change much, so you could do it once and not ahve to do it again for a while.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Just realized that there's no way to download the sheet or edit the cells. I'm working on a way to make the better available, but no guarantees.

Sunny said...

Problem fixed.